Tuesday, February 1, 2011

In-Between or In-Adventure?

Being in between has always been a challenge for me. I am realizing, though, that really living life is about staying emotionally “in-between.” What has always been a difficulty in my past can now become license to a new, adventurous life. If I truly trust God with the ultimate direction for my life, then I can be constantly ready for instructions on what that direction is! Well, saying that and living it really are two different things. I am working on bringing the gap between my words and my actions closer together, to more of a crack than gaping hole!


So as I cope with the ever changing spiritual atmosphere around me, and the rapidly increasing cycling of seasons in my life, I learn to embrace change. To embrace the “in-between-ness” of life as it is right now. Not knowing where I’m going, when I’m leaving, and who I’ll have to kiss goodbye again. I can deal with this – He says I can. I can do better than cope – He says I’m MORE than a conqueror! It is a relief, too, knowing that wherever I go and whatever I do next in this privileged life, that I’m not alone. I’ve got my rich Daddy AND my best friend by my side!

As I sit here at McDonald’s killing time, and back in my warm house, there are perfect strangers tramping through it, deciding whether or not they like the staircase by the back door, I am grateful. Grateful for the seasons God has allowed in my life that continue to change and morph and mold me. Grateful that He is faithful – His timing, His plans, His provision – He is always faithful. Grateful that I get to walk with Him, not only the rest of my life here, but beyond. Yes, I can do all He asks of me - He strengthens me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to receiving your comments on this blog!